What is Pastoral care?
At Ecclesfield we offer a support service for our students which we call “Pastoral Care.” We aim to help all students no matter what there problem might be. We do this in the following ways…
- Open door in K213 every lunch time with Pastoral Managers
- Lunchtime Open door sessions with School Nurse
- Referral for Pastoral Intervention via Intervention request form on the MLE
Why is it important?
- School’s ethos – expanding their horizons and promoting their understanding of the invaluable contributions they can make as citizens in a global society….we will nurture all young people as fully-rounded individuals.
- Our context – Majority of students are from a White British background
- Ofsted – Ever growing importance on the Ofsted agenda and feedback from last inspection (2013) “(To move forward the school needs to) further support students’ understanding of communities beyond their own.” – School Inspection update (Dec 2014) “ Greater emphasis needs to be placed on the way the school promotes pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, including the promotion of fundamental British values.”
- Click here to read more details about SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural) at Ecclesfield School
How do we currently support our students’ SMSC development?
- PSHCE Curriculum
- Broad and balanced curriculum
- Student Voice. The Big Ask!
- VM & Mentor time
- Form Forum
- Student Leadership.
- Pastoral Care
- Open door
- Focus months
- General Elections
- Role Models
- Community engagement