Ecclesfield School provides students in Years 7 to 11 with Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG). Our careers programme aims to support students to develop their academic, social and employability skills needed for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work. Through impartial careers guidance, we will encourage all students to have high aspirations for their careers. This guidance takes place:
- within the curriculum;
- in PSCHE;
- with small group or 1:1 careers interviews;
- through careers activities run in conjunction with outside agencies, such as HeppSY.
We actively encourage all students to engage actively in their careers education and support parental involvement in the process.
As a student at Ecclesfield School, you are entitled to:
- clear advice and information about all of the options available to you;
- a programme of careers education that motivates and inspires you and enables you to make a career plan for your future;
- a careers programme that helps you to develop knowledge and skills to equip you for future careers applications;
- regular support to help you need to be successful and help you to access any additional support that you might need;
- opportunities to learn about the world of work.
Students’ career development will be supported through the provision of:
- Regular careers information and opportunities for discussion in registrations, PSCHE lessons and assemblies to help students make decisions about their futures and learn about the world of work;
- Additional careers information through guest speakers, mock interviews, workshops and mentoring;
- Access to careers advisers and support. This may be individual meetings, drop-in sessions, careers days and other activities;
- Supporting for Year 8 students as they are making their GCSE options choices;
- Mentoring for every Year 11 student as they are making their Post 16 choices;
- An offer of specialised SEND, EAL and Pupil Premium careers support (if relevant);
- At least 2 careers engagements with outside providers across Years 7-Y11
- Careers information through available I.T based careers programmes;
- Information and updates through registration, assemblies and emails
HeppSY @ Ecco
Follow this link to find some excellent careers resources for parents and students in Y9, Y10 and Y11. Information and online virtual sessions on a number of areas including career pathways, what next after school, higher education choices and university life.