Strategic Vision 2016 to 2019
Ecclesfield School will be an outstanding school for this community.
This outstanding practice will be characterised by:
- Progress and achievement across the school will be judged to be outstanding (Our P8 score will be positive (+0.30) and our A8 score equivalent to a C+);
- Teaching that promotes an appetite for learning and is judged ‘Good’ or better in at least 90% of lessons and ‘Outstanding’ in 50%;
- Lessons personalised to the needs of all learners, which encourage risk-taking, critical engagement, collective endeavour, resilience and independence of thought and action, underpinned by an absolute commitment to developing our students as numerate and literate individuals;
- Curriculum design that is stimulating, challenging and relevant for students of all abilities and which enables those students to make outstanding progress;
- Clear and open engagement with parents to support students in all aspects of their school life;
- Closer links with our community that will include shared resources and services and, in time, collegiate approaches to pastoral and academic matters;
- Outstanding governance and distributed leadership, which provide clarity of vision and promote outstanding outcomes through a rigorous approach to the monitoring of progress and standards;
- A pastoral system which engages fully with parents and a range of other agencies in supporting students to engage in learning to their full potential;
- A proactive advice and guidance system, which provides independent counsel and encourages high aspirations among all students;
- A professional learning culture, which encourages all staff to seek continuous improvement and share best practice.