Student Leadership at Ecclesfield
At Ecclesfield School we believe that students should be given a wide range of opportunities to develop and practise leadership skills in order to become independent, respectful and informed citizens who exceed their personal and academic potential.
We aim to provide opportunities for students to develop leadership skills, empowering partnership between staff and students and provide staff with a deeper understanding of the organisation in line with the school’s mission, vision and values.
Aims of our Student Leadership programme
- To empower students to work in partnership with staff towards shared goals.
- To enable creativity to flourish as the school community benefits from the wealth of experiences, ideas, skills and sense of fun that students bring.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop leadership skills through a variety of inspiring, challenging and valued projects which impact positively on learning, teaching and well-being for both students and staff at Ecclesfield School.
- To prepare students for Higher Education and for achieving personal and professional excellence in life after formal education.
Our Student Leadership programme provides;
- Formal and informal learning opportunities to develop individuals as leaders.
- Processes and structures for student representation and the incorporation of students’ views into decision making in the life of the school.
The Structure of the Student Leadership Body at Ecclesfield