Science is for everyone
The science curriculum is a 5 year journey. Although the majority of our pupils will follow the same path, no two pupils will have the same experience. They all have different start points, and will travel at a pace that is suitable, they will all have slightly different end points.
We will ensure that pupils understand that Science is essential to daily life.
5 Year Plan
- We will structure our 5 year curriculum so that clear links are made between different concepts and topics.
- We will structure our lessons so that retrieval tasks are fully embedded.
- We will deliver our lessons using techniques aimed at lowering cognitive load.
- We will assess and question continually so we can identify and address misconceptions.
- We will enhance our curriculum to raise the science capital of our pupils.
- Pupils will be able to plan and carry out experiments to test a hypothesis.
- Pupils will be able to explain how to obtain valid methods.
- Pupils will be able to analyse and explain data sets and represent them in the most appropriate form.
- Pupils will be able to evaluate their methods and discuss how precision, accuracy and validity can be improved.
- Pupils will be able to discuss why peer review is an essential process.
- Pupils will be able to discuss and justify why scientific ideas, models and theories have developed over time.
- Our curriculum will be structured such that throughout their 5 year journey, pupils will be able to clearly identify the pivotal role that Science plays in their world and how it intertwines with other subjects that they will study at school.
- Pupils will understand how energy and forces affect the motion of the planets, vehicles and sub atomic particles.
- Pupils will understand how stars created the atoms that comprise our bodies, food and the Earth.
- Pupils will understand how the complex organisms arise from the simplest of organic molecules.